Anybody these days can design a website using tools that are freely available. But do you really want your nephew David creating your website? The website for your business that you pour your heart and soul into? I think the answer is No. Before you decide on a web design firm here are some questions that you should ask during the interview process:
- What is your process that you use to develop a website?
- What platforms do you build websites on?
- What are your security protocols?
- What is the experience of the team that will working on my site?
- What is your pricing structure?
You should also ask for references and client names. Look up their work and see if they produce sites with variety; if they have done work for companies similar to yours and if they create dynamic sites. Don’t limit yourself to a design firm that can do a website for a low cost. The saying ‘you get what you pay for’ applies to building your website. Determine the value you will get versus what your budget will allow.